I have been told that some of my previous longer posts have been mistaken for reviews. However let me assure you, that is definitely NOT the case.
As stated previously I am NOT a writer, and I certainly do NOT have the skills or the patience to write reviews. All I seek to do on this site is to shine the old spotlight on random interesting things; post the odd screenshot here and there; and perhaps one day, hipster selfies. And to prove it, I am going to keep this post nice and short.
Path of Exile is a point and click Action RPG, developed by New Zealand’s own Grinding Gear Games. Dubbed by many of its players as “the game that Diablo III should have been”, this excellent F2P title is now available on Steam, or direct from their website over at http://www.pathofexile.com/.
- Non-restrictive freeform character building.
- Gem based skills system – character powers comes in the form of equip-able gems that levels up with use.
- Barter System – instead of traditional gold the game has a barter system which utilises usable items like identification scrolls and armour upgrade stones as currency.
- Varied + interesting loot.
- F2P with a promise that it will never be Pay-To-Win.
- Regular events and races.
- Passionate developers.
- Difficulty can be erratic, especially the end game bosses.
- Passive skill selection can be daunting, with permanent builds that offers no real way to reset a character.